Ok I absolutely love chickpeas and with John, myself and Rupert all cutting down on the meat we consume (I’ll write a post about this soon), it is so good for us to have healthy alternatives to unhealthy junk food – so let’s hear a round of applause for the chickpea burger!!
This recipe will feed about 4-6 people depending on how hungry you are and how big the burgers are that you make. It takes about 20 mins to make (including 10 mins chill time – for the burgers… not you!) and 10 mins to fry.
What you need:
- 1 x can of chickpeas (drain and rinse)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 x tsp ground cumin
- 1 x egg
- 100g flour or breadcrumbs depending on your dietary needs
How to make:
- Whizz up all the ingredients using only 80g of the flour/breadcrumbs
- Make the paste into burgers
- Use the left over flour/breadcrumbs to coat the burgers
- Chill the burgers in the fridge for 10 mins
- Fry each burger, once chilled, for 4 mins on each side
- Stack on a burger (or whatever takes your fancy) with red onion, tomato and some salad
Let me know what you guys think!