I haven’t actually written a blog post in about a year, but I thought I would start to do a little bit again as I am settling down in life in the run up to my maternity leave again! So here it is, my latest fave recipe – a sweet potato and lentil soup! Mums, this one is for you! Rupert (my 2 year old) is a non meat eater – his choice, not mine – that dude could sniff out a piece of meat if it was pulverised in a sauce – and he also doesn’t eat a huge amount of vegetables just sitting on his plate!
Was feeling terrible I kept on feeding him the same blimmin things every week – so after spending a week with a close friend (who is also a supermum) I felt suitably motivated to try something else. Cue BBCGoodFood.
Time to Prepare:
Realistically it probably took about 20 mins – but I do have a 2 year old, so nothing is quite as distracting as a toddler who we are trying to potty train!
What you need:
I modified slightly as of course I didn’t have all the ingredients to hand! I’m also a pretty relaxed cook a.k.a I can never be arsed to grate anything or weigh anything so I just chop and pour until it looks right!
- 2 tsp paprika (can substitute for curry powder as per the original recipe)
- Olive oil
- 1 onion chopped (couldn’t be bothered to grate it)
- 1 eating apple chopped (couldn’t be bothered to grate it)
- 3 garlic cloves chopped/crushed
- handful of corriander
- Thumb sized piece of ginger chopped
- 4 large sweet potato (it does say 800g but couldn’t be bothered to weigh them!)
- Vegetable stock (1.2l of water – but I just poured till it looked right)
- Red lentils (I just poured until I wanted to stop but recipe says 100g)
- Milk (I just poured until it looked right – recipe says 300ml)
- Juice of 1 lime
What to do next:
- Cook the apple, onion, garlic, paprika, and ginger together for about 5-10 mins until soft and smelling lovely
- Add in the sweet potato, lentils, stock and milk and simmer for 20 mins
- Blend together with what ever equipment you have
- Pour in the lime juice, add in the coriander and serve!
If you want exact measurements or just a link to the original then go here: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/13416/sweet-potato-and-lentil-soup
Let me know how you get on!! 🙂